Why a blog?

After the Quora ban, I received several enquiries from people who were following me there asking whether I would write somewhere else hence this format.
I was invited to speak at the unofficial Quora meetup in Mumbai last week. There I met people who said that reading my answers made them give up alcohol or think more critically about their religion. I realised that if I was actually making people think by telling them what I think then I must continue to do so.
Interestingly, despite the ban, all the content is still accessible. The blogs particularly illustrate how inevitable though irrational the ban was.
https://www.quora.com/profile/Vinay-Kumaran/all_posts

Comments

  1. So glad to see this. We are grateful for the time you spend on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write with sincerity and honesty and that's​the real draw . Iam disappointed with Quora too and will probably wind down my participation if this is their style

    ReplyDelete
  3. Syeda Birjees MisbahMay 2, 2017 at 9:44 PM

    Thank you..Happy to see you again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to see u again sir.. Kindly use twitter for ur conversations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome sir , will definitely look forward . Thanks for caring about your fans (haha)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am Tweeting these posts as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Though the content hasn't been deleted so far, it will soon be deleted.

    Somebody asked a Quora question asking why you were banned -it got a few good answers - and poof - it's deleted. I think Quora has a policy preventing people from discussing why a specific user was banned. It is apparently "impolite" for users to discuss about the ban because the victim has no chance of responding.

    ref: https://www.quora.com/unanswered/Why-was-the-question-related-to-banning-of-Dr-Vinay-Kumaran-deleted-It-was-asked-on-18-April-2017-and-said-Why-was-Dr-Vinay-Kumaran-banned?share=1

    I saved all the posts on the blog as a PDF on my computer before Quora starts deleting stuff....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you share the pdf? The answers on quora are no longer visible

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Do clothes make a man?

What is a mentor?

More Ruminations on Religion